Commercial transport is fully operational all over the world, with a few exceptions.
The Corona virus is causing challenges to transportation and supply chain operations. At the same time, we are obligated to show public spirit and make sure that the society will still receive supplies, such as food and medicine.
All LEMAN offices are still fully operational with only necessary staffing at the offices and several home office workers. Therefore, we can still support you with your transportation. At the same time, we will do everything we can to keep the risk of infection as low as possible for everyone involved in the transport - your employees and ours - while continuing to organize the flow of goods quickly and precisely.
Status on the current situation in countries, where LEMAN is present with own offices.
The Coronavirus situation is evolving very fast. During the last couple of days, many countries introduced strict measures to avoid spread of the virus. We expect similar restrictions will be carried out in countries around the world shortly. For now, the following precautions have been taken:
- Denmark: All Danes are advised not to travel, and borders are closed for non-commercial purposes and non-Danish citizens until 13th April. Any transport of goods and cargo is still running and fast-track lanes are in place for commercial transports. The airport traffic is predicted to drop by at least 70-80 %, and since the airports are maintaining minimum operations, we might experience challenges on capacity. Furthermore, schools, cultural institutions, libraries, malls, restaurants etc. and communal facilities are closed until 30th March, and people are urged to work from home if possible. At the same time, all gatherings with 10+ people have been banned.
- USA: : Global travel to U.S. is restricted from most locations and banned from Europe for the time being. Goods are exempted. U.S. government declared a national state of emergency. Local state governments imposed a series of restrictions. The situation keeps developing fast in every state, keep yourself updated on your state’s official website.
- UK: All borders are still open. Mass gatherings are to be banned in the UK from next weekend, and large sporting and cultural events have been postponed. School closures and travel restrictions are yet to be imposed. Passengers are being screened at airports, and all people with fever or continuous cough are told to self-isolate for two weeks.
- Sweden: All borders are still open for now. Swedish citizens are advised to not conduct non-essential travel for the next 28 days. The Swedish Government are looking into introducing further precautions.
- Norway: All borders are closed to tourists. Norwegian citizens and individuals who do have a creditable purpose for entering Norway are exempted (e.g. commercial transports, people who work in Norway etc.). Individuals entering Norway may risk self-isolation for two weeks, and all schools, sport halls and public events are closed and postponed. Large gatherings are banned. Commercial transports are still allowed to enter. The airport closures might affect air freight.
- Finland: All borders are closed for non-commercial transports and citizens are advised not to travel. Measures such as quarantines and school and service closures reduce the labour supply, resulting in slowdowns and standstills in production. Any transport of goods and cargo is still running.
An extraordinary situation demands extraordinary precautions.
In order to prevent any further spread, the following precautions are being followed by all LEMAN offices:
- The majority of our staff is working from home during the next minimum two weeks.
- We avoid manually exchange of transport documents by using digital solutions.
- When possible, cargo is transferred to intermodal (rail), air or ocean freight to minimize human contact.
- Hygiene standards have been significantly raised at all LEMAN locations.
- All business trips and travels are substituted by virtual meetings.
- Employees are strictly instructed to stay home, if any sign of sickness appears.
At the same time, all visitors and suppliers at LEMAN are instructed to be compliant with the following guidelines:
- Detailed hygiene instructions must be followed.
- No visitor is allowed, if he or she has any kind of Covid-19 symptoms.
- Suppliers/drivers are provided with security equipment and hand disinfection whenever possible.
- Drivers are instructed to avoid close human contact and encouraged to wash hands frequently.
- Trucks and drivers from “red zone areas” are separated from other drivers and advised to stay in the cab.
At LEMAN, we monitor the situation very closely, and we will do our utmost to avoid any delays or disruptions in your daily business. We recommend that you stay informed on our website or by contacting your local LEMAN representative.